Saturday, July 28, 2012

Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum

Decided to take my Little Mister to a museum that I thought would appeal to his pirate fascination. I was sure there would be lots and lots of boats! We visited the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum. Obviously, it was a hit because he scurried from boat to boat while squealing with glee! Best part, it was free!  It has a new-temporary location since hurricane Katrina. I Can't wait for it to get back on the water so we can see some of the beautiful restored schooners.

I was fascinated by the lighthouse lights themselves. they have a 19th century lens on display and it is incredible. They are far bigger than Little Mister. Truly amazing. They offer classes and demonstrations on things like netmaking and wooden boat building. We are definitely going to take advantage of these when Little Mister gets a tad bit older! For now, we will just enjoy the boats.




No comments:

Post a Comment