Friday, August 17, 2012

Laundry Letters

Still working on fun ways to learn our name, by site and know the letters. Today's activity was a hodge-podge and touched in several areas!

Objective- Recognizes first name in print (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Language Development 1.3.4)

No Mess Painting! We baggie painted some t-shirt shapes. I printed some t-shirt shapes from the computer on card stock. After they were all cut out, I dropped some different colored paint on them and placed them each in their own baggie and sealed them up. Little Mister smashed and drew and swirled on them all and kept saying "squishy"! I removed them from the bags and let them dry. I them cut out letters and glued them on each shirt. Sticky letters would have worked well to but we were out.



I strung up a "clothes-line" in the playroom I used yarn and tied them to nails I tapped into the door jams. Little Mister practiced spelling his name by clipping the letters to the line with clothes pins. This allowed us to review name recognition and letters of his name while developing some motor skills with the clothes pins!



1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Julie I noticed that you are teaching all caps. I have been a preschool teacher for 25 years. May I offer a small suggestion, I would start adding lower case letters to his name. In most books only 5% of the print is in capital letters. I use to do that in the beginning and then through more schooling and watching the kids I started seeing the confusion so now when I teach the kids how to write their names we only capitalize their first and last names. Almost all kndergarten teachers plead with us to not teach all caps. Please I mean no disrepect but just wantd to share with you. I love all you do. I'm definitely going to use this idea in our all about me theme along with the rocks name recognition. God Bless. Mrs. Valerie

    ReplyDelete