Monday, September 3, 2012

'Shrooms? Yeah, it is September

September is National Mushroom Month! In their honor, you will be seeing some fungi theme in our posts this month. Speaking for myself, I can't stand the taste of mushrooms, but I find them extremely fascinating to observe and study! Such delicate beauty.
A shout out to all my Plant Pathology buddies!

If you have followed our blog for any length of time, you know I have a fondness for little fingers and toes. So, we started our mushroom journey with footprints.


Little Mister loves crunchy veggies. Sugar Snaps are his current favorite. I couldn't quite figure out how to make them look like a mushroom so, I chose some radishes instead. BTW, I would actually eat these 'shrooms!

Hey, there's a mushroom on your shoulder!

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of mushroom stems made from footprints. The radish mushrooms are whimsical and fun. Thanks for sharing on Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3.

    : 0 ) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute! I think I need a whole pinterest board of things you can make with a footprint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I love footprint crafts AND mushrooms!! This is perfect! I am definitely Pinning this!!! :))

    StacySewsandSchools.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet! This is a fun art project plus a great keepsake. Thank you for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little fingers and toes too! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete